The division aims to build a research system carried out by a member of the research body, or within a research team of one or more researchers from the division, or in collaboration with other researchers from other divisions of the body, or from research institutions outside the body, whether local or international. This research is characterized by the possibility of its practical application to serve national goals related to development and production. The research record of the Authority’s researchers in terms of quantity, quality and diversity is considered distinguished at the national, regional and international levels. Here we will only present the research that can be used
This topic included many examples, including:
First: the basic topics
o In the areas of water resources and preventing flood risks
o In the areas of urban planning
o In the areas of mineral wealth
o In the fields of environmental studies
Second: Research projects related to research and development
These are research projects supported by local or international funding bodies. These projects study scientific and applied problems or issues and are characterized by outputs that can be implemented and applied socially in a way that serves the production and development sectors.
o In the areas of urban development
o In the areas of water resources
o In the fields of geological mapping and mineral and stone wealth
o In the fields of archaeology
Third: Service projects -
These are contractual projects between the division, represented by its research teams, and between governmental and non-governmental institutions to provide applied scientific advice in major national projects or to solve specific environmental or development problems for local clients.
o In the field of water resources
o In the field of geotechnical studies
o In the field of environmental studies
Department of Rocks and Geological Mapping
•Using remote sensing techniques in identification, discrimination and classification of rocks.
•Using the high resolution spectral and spatial images to discriminate the lithological units for geological & structural mapping with various scales.
•Preparing detailed geological maps for the mineralized alteration zones.
•Building spectral library representing the rocks and minerals exposed in the Egyptian Deserts
Geologic Applications Department
To be one of the best entity in the field of geologic applications using the state-of-the-art remote sensing science and data
Department of Mineral Resources
The Mineral Resources Department is one of the departments of the Geological Applications and Mineral Resources Division. It was established at the beginning of the founding of the National Authority for Remote Sensing and Space Sciences as a basic department in the Division to apply remote sensing methods in studying and exploring natural resources to advance the national economy.
- Expressing opinions, providing scientific consultations, and cooperating in implementing projects with governorates, government agencies, and the private sector when requested.
- Participation in the implementation of contractual projects requested by governorates and other government agencies, as well as from the private sector (a request from the National Center for Housing and Building Research regarding field measurements on the walls surrounding Muhammad Ali Palace in Manial, conducting laboratory measurements of samples of research assistants from the Mineral Resources Department and the Scientific Training Division) .
- Participate in the implementation of contractual projects requested by governorates and other government agencies, as well as from the private sector
- Participation in local and international seminars, conferences and workshops related to the department’s specializations.
- Holding training courses to raise the efficiency of specialists and research staff assistants in the department.